• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 ram 1500 ecodiesel

tas518

Sep 18, 2020
Truck Year
Good morning,

I have a 2016 ram 1500 ecodiesel with 60k miles on it. For the past couple weeks my truck has had problems starting. Some days it will start and some days it won't start. Right now I am on day 4 of it not starting. I was successful with taking the truck out of gear manually once and have it start. Now when I take it out of gear manually it doesn't even want to start. I had vehicle not in park(when it was in park) pop up on my dash. So I brought my truck to the dealership and was told that their code reader could not communicate with my truck. Any idea on what the problem may be?
Thank you for your input and help.

Attachments

• 20200831_231154.jpg
    20200831_231154.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 3

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I believe at one point there was a recall on the turn dial knobs. Not sure why or what issues it fixed. My assumption would be a weak connection with your transmission control module if they couldn’t connect to it