• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 Ram Eco-Diesel, My first Mopar and Diesel ever.

Catfish

Oct 30, 2022
Truck Year
I love my truck, but the cost and difficulty of servicing it myself is more than I expected. I'm hoping to get helpful information from other owners and their experiences from the DIY community.

Dfishing

Jun 26, 2022
Truck Year
I love my truck, but the cost and difficulty of servicing it myself is more than I expected. I'm hoping to get helpful information from other owners and their experiences from the DIY community.
I buy the Rotela T 6 at the Wallmart and Filters from Diesel.com Drive it over to my local oil change place and it saves me 300.00 on. Filter changes. They charge me 50 to do the oil and fuel filters. Make sure you are using the rottela and Chrysler filters

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
What kind of service are you looking to perform? The oil change on these trucks (although expensive) is really easy to do. Front and rear differential fluids are simple. The transmission service is a process but many say it is not that difficult, at any rate depending on the duty cycle it probably needs to be done around 100,000 miles.

Catfish

Oct 30, 2022
Truck Year
Thanks for the replies! My oil change was not difficult but a little expensive, but worth it. Yes, I used the Rotella T-6 and OEM filter. I've been researching the service of the transmission and had to purchase a pump and made sure I bought the correct fluid. The transmission pan/filter combo was $250.00 but $400.00 from the dealership. I purchased the OEM pan/filter and gasket through the Mopar parts store and saved some money. But wow, it will be a $325.00 or more in cost transmission service when I'm done. My transmission mechanic told me to service it every 30K since I pull my Hot Rod every now and again. I definitely want to take care of my new pride and joy, and I appreciate the feed from y'all !

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Maybe some one will correct me but I think 30K trans service sounds a bit excessive. Maybe send a sample of your tranny fluid off to a lab for sampling before you drop that kind of coin.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Maybe some one will correct me but I think 30K trans service sounds a bit excessive. Maybe send a sample of your tranny fluid off to a lab for sampling before you drop that kind of coin.
I had a service completed last week at 85k. From looking in the old transmission pan and my experience, I would do it close to 100k. I did it early since they were doing a warranty for the leaking timing cover and already had it in the shop.

Catfish

Oct 30, 2022
Truck Year
Thanks, to all that have given me input on my truck. My next project is to replace the complete set of belts, has anyone performed this recently and can give me a hip shot on the cost of belts and the difficulty of replacing them? I know parts are steadily going up!

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
There is one belt. Very simple swap. About 20 bucks and 30 minutes. Did it last week.