• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 EcoDiesel egr problems

Olesmokin

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
My truck broke down started smoking and has been at the dealer for 5 weeks what are my options. They don’t have any idea when parts will be here. Told me another ram was here 4 months, no offer of a truck to drive while I wait. Is buyback an option here? 34k miles is all I have on this truck and purchased new December 30 2016

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
A couple of things, FCA (i.e. RAM) settled a lawsuit with the federal government. The dealer should have given you a copy of the extended warranty, if not, look it up online. In the warranty, the dealer is obligated to give you a loaner free of charge till your truck is repaired if the repair is covered by the warranty, i.e. EGR coolers. I suggest you read the owner's manual and follow the service schedule to the letter and have all service done at a RAM dealership. FCA likes an excuse to not cover a repair. My truck went through 3 EGR coolers and is sitting at the dealer again for over a month waiting on the recall EGR cooler. My dealer has no idea when the part will be available. I understand FCA will do a "buyback" after a truck has been out of service for over 30 days. From what I've read on this forum, FCA wants to give owners "bottom dollar" for the truck(s). I tried to trade mine in, the dealer wasn't interested and low balled the value on purpose. Oh well, I'm driving their 2017 RAM 1500 SLT till they repair my truck or they tire of this and give me a decent trade. Last but not least, don't back down on the loaner. If you deserve it under any warranty, make the dealer get you the loaner. Even if they have to rent something from a local car rental place. Good Luck!

Olesmokin

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
No buy back offer.....no loaner offered by either fca nor dealer....been in shop 6 weeks what can I do? is there a law service I could talk to about this to sue them?

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
No buy back offer.....no loaner offered by either fca nor dealer....been in shop 6 weeks what can I do? is there a law service I could talk to about this to sue them?
The EGR cooler recall covers 2014-2019 Ecodiesel models. The 2014-2016 have an extended warranty plus additional coverage that allows for buyback and vehicle loaner in addition to cash back if you had the AEM software update. The recall on the EGR cooler should give you an opportunity to have a loaner vehicle on their dime. I purchased my Ram and the dealer offered a loaner vehicle anytime I brought it in for service as part of the sale.

Olesmokin

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
yes they did said the egr cooler needs replaced. They told me they do not offer loaners that I need to call fca and ask them about a rental. FCA told me to rent on my own and they would CONSIDER paying me back up to 45 a day once I get my truck out of the shop. I told them that aint happening. I have contacted a law firm and now waiting to see what happens.