• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 EcoDiesel FIre

ARod

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
2017 Ecodiesel burned to ground and rear of crew cab. Cruise control at 65 a/c on, heard clattering, check throttle sensor? warning came on, white smoke, pulled to shoulder started unloading truck while calling 911. Front to rear of cab fully engulfed. <48,000 miles.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
That sux, I hope they get this resolved. Makes me wonder if deleting and tuning would be the way to go.......but even then you never know. Has there been any fire investigations done to determine cause, it looks like FCA would have to assume liability since it's a widely documented issue.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It will take someone to pay the with their Life before any Insurance company will/Can Pursue it, Its all about the Number's with Auto Insurance.
All the Fires will just increase the cost of owning the Ecodiesel . It cost $101.09 Per Year More than My 2019 Limited 5.7L.
My 2019 Limited cost considerably less to insure than My 2015 Laramie Ecodiesel.

The other vehicles their was only Single Digit increases.

Account number: XXXXX
Payment date: 10/13/2019

Dear XXXX

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX.

This is a confirmation that your online payment has been submitted.

Payment method:Bank Account xxxxxxxx
Confirmation number:

Payment amount:
$833.92

Auto Policy: 1XXXXXXX
2013 RAM 3500 CREW LONG 4X4 LARAMIE
2018 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4D 4X4 SUMMIT
2019 RAM 1500 CREW SHORT 4X4 LIMITED

:
Carrot+copy+10.png
View Payment History
Dearxxxxx

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

This is a confirmation that your online payment has been submitted.
Payment method:Bank Account xxxxxxxx
Confirmation number:xxxxxxxxx

To view your payment history, you can click on the button below to log on to your Mxxxx account on XXXXXXXX

Account number: XXXXXXXXX
Payment date: 04/10/2019

Payment amount:
$893.20

Auto Policy: xxxxxxxx
2018 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4D 4X4 SUMMIT
2015 RAM 1500 CREW LONG 4X4 LARAMIE
2013 RAM 3500 CREW LONG 4X4 LARAMIE

John

Nov 13, 2015
Insurance rates also vary by location. I pay $496.00 a year for full coverage. Comp ded. $100, Collision ded, 500, liability $250.000. Also includes rental & roadside assistance.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
2017 Ecodiesel burned to ground and rear of crew cab. Cruise control at 65 a/c on, heard clattering, check throttle sensor? warning came on, white smoke, pulled to shoulder started unloading truck while calling 911. Front to rear of cab fully engulfed. <48,000 miles.
FCA will dodge and have you use your insurance, report incident to NHTSA, NHTSA is the only Federal agency that can force FCA to take liability. Fire cause and origin needs to be determined. If your insurance can tie it to FCA they will come back on FCA.

Mark Lee

Feb 23, 2020
Truck Year
my EGR failed. It is a recall.Cab filled with smoke immediately going down highway about 65 mph. Barely got off an exit so wife and I coukd bail. LOTS of smoke, no fire. 2015 eco diesel stayed at dealership for 60 days waiting on parts. They put in another "suspect EGR" which could fail at any time. The "NEW" EGR to come out in April, I guess and back to the dealership for who knows how long. One week after getting it back, very intense smell of coolant but no signs of leaks. maybe the coolant is being shot into the combustion chambers and I am sitting on a time bomb? FCA wont do a buyback.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
my EGR failed. It is a recall.Cab filled with smoke immediately going down highway about 65 mph. Barely got off an exit so wife and I coukd bail. LOTS of smoke, no fire. 2015 eco diesel stayed at dealership for 60 days waiting on parts. They put in another "suspect EGR" which could fail at any time. The "NEW" EGR to come out in April, I guess and back to the dealership for who knows how long. One week after getting it back, very intense smell of coolant but no signs of leaks. maybe the coolant is being shot into the combustion chambers and I am sitting on a time bomb? FCA wont do a buyback.
Did you report your incident to NHTSA? With a definite cause and origin determination that will factor into any NHTSA decision to leverage FCA. A large number of "Undetermined Cause" allows NHTSA to leave decision in manufacturers hands.
We have our recalls and the dealer we use has stated that they will not install the old part as long as ours are not failing.
After working on other engines with some type of coolant failure if coolant makes it's way into the exhaust system you could have odor for sometime.
Good luck.

Mark Lee

Feb 23, 2020
Truck Year
Did you report your incident to NHTSA? With a definite cause and origin determination that will factor into any NHTSA decision to leverage FCA. A large number of "Undetermined Cause" allows NHTSA to leave decision in manufacturers hands.
We have our recalls and the dealer we use has stated that they will not install the old part as long as ours are not failing.
After working on other engines with some type of coolant failure if coolant makes it's way into the exhaust system you could have odor for sometime.
Good luck.
Yes I did make a formal complaint with NHTSA. Basically all they seem to do is take a report. FCA said no buyback because of NC state laws. Went to mediation, basically they said they ONLY deal with issues within the original warranty. I guess the truck sits or gets taken only to the local store until the miracle 'FIX" supposedly in April. Then I guess they get it for another 60 days.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Yes I did make a formal complaint with NHTSA. Basically all they seem to do is take a report. FCA said no buyback because of NC state laws. Went to mediation, basically they said they ONLY deal with issues within the original warranty. I guess the truck sits or gets taken only to the local store until the miracle 'FIX" supposedly in April. Then I guess they get it for another 60 days.
Yes the process is NHTSA takes a report, once sufficient reports are tabulated, for cause and origin, and if there is common cause a recall order is issued. It sometimes is a slow process but with the growing number of failure incidents resulting in fires the process should speed up.