• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 RAM 1500 Laramie Limited

Coxmun

Oct 26, 2019
Truck Year
Hello Folks
Am new to this group; candidly have no issues to report; I live north of Toronto Canada, have gone thru the 4 seasons w/o starting/running/ driving issues;
I have noticed this engine runs hot - with coolant / oil / transmission all running just under, or at times, slightly above the boiling point......dealer says this is OK......any comments?
Have also read about ECU chip upgrades that would add both torque & HP; thoughts/observations?
cheers

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I ran the Banks Bullet for 3.5 Years problem free, The intake and EGR was replaced at 40K miles, the replacement parts are known defects and unrelated to banks. OEM EVIC The OIL PSI is a L.O.M the temps sensors are plus 10-20+ , I added additional live sensors to confirm.
Banks Bullet 3.0.jpg

Banks Power - Derringer System, with Banks iDash 1.8 DataMonster, for 2014-2018 Ram 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel, and 2014-2017 Grand Cherokee

ED oil Gage1.jpgED oil gage psi2.jpg

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 18 it does not run hot runs very well as far as tuners go I believe gde is now in Canada try them they do a good job

Murman

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
Good to see someone running banks product. Currently shopping around for my own. My 2017 runs hot too. No problems so far. Only have 60000 Kim's though