• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 service/lack of knowledge problem

trorabaugh

Sep 6, 2021
Truck Year
My 2018 truck has caused me more frustrations than ant vehicle I have ever owned.
The last 3 months it has been in the shop most of the time . It keeps giving me the message "Service electronic throttle system" and loses power.
I have had it supposedly fixed 3 or 4 times (each time has taken 2-3 weeks) and within 24 hrs. in reoccurs. The dealer can't do anything without the consent of the engineers who obviously can't figure it out. This ifs the latest of problems that have surfaced. Can't seem to get any solution.

Dream Big

Feb 1, 2017
Truck Year
Check all of your harness connections.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
Do you have a way to read the actual code(s) thrown. Service Electronic Throttle is a fairly generic error that could be a number of things and by reading the code you can drill down a little better.

trorabaugh

Sep 6, 2021
Truck Year
Do you have a way to read the actual code(s) thrown. Service Electronic Throttle is a fairly generic error that could be a number of things and by reading the code you can drill down a little better.
I don't know the code it is still under warranty thru December but Ram engineers have been working with the dealer but everything they have tried (like 4 different things) has not been successful.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
I don't know the code it is still under warranty thru December but Ram engineers have been working with the dealer but everything they have tried (like 4 different things) has not been successful.
It seems the techs at your dealership don't know what they are doing. I would definitely consider taking it to another dealership. My 18 (knock on wood) has been pretty much flawless other than recalls so I hope you get it figured out.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Ive seen mention of the throttle errors in other threads here as well as on other forums, sometimes accompanied by engine fires so not to make you panic, but it could be serious so hopefully they get it sorted out for you.

Dream Big

Feb 1, 2017
Truck Year
My 2018 truck has caused me more frustrations than ant vehicle I have ever owned.
The last 3 months it has been in the shop most of the time . It keeps giving me the message "Service electronic throttle system" and loses power.
I have had it supposedly fixed 3 or 4 times (each time has taken 2-3 weeks) and within 24 hrs. in reoccurs. The dealer can't do anything without the consent of the engineers who obviously can't figure it out. This ifs the latest of problems that have surfaced. Can't seem to get any solution.
I know this seems like a rudimentary solution, but do you have aftermarket floor mats?