• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2021 EcoDiesel in Jeep Wrangler come with Start Stop

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Do any EcoDiesel owns think this will be the way of all diesel cars and trucks in the future? What is FCA thinking of putting Start Stop on the EcoDiesel om the Jeep Wrangler. Will the Ram Truck be next? Is start stop hurting a diesel engine? I've drove gas vehicle once with Start Stop and it was terrible, coming out of Atlanta in a rent car it kept shutting off in heavy traffic every time we stopped. Didn't know then you could push a button to disable

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Do any EcoDiesel owns think this will be the way of all diesel cars and trucks in the future? What is FCA thinking of putting Start Stop on the EcoDiesel om the Jeep Wrangler. Will the Ram Truck be next? Is start stop hurting a diesel engine? I've drove gas vehicle once with Start Stop and it was terrible, coming out of Atlanta in a rent car it kept shutting off in heavy traffic every time we stopped. Didn't know then you could push a button to disable
EV's are the future of vehicles. The Start/stop feature will be standard equipment on all ICE vehicles. I believe it is already standard in Europe.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
EV's are the future of vehicles. The Start/stop feature will be standard equipment on all ICE vehicles. I believe it is already standard in Europe.
Maybe when Battery Technology advances, we are not there yet Tesla Right now if I drive 300 miles not stopping overnight to CHARGE. It will be awhile before ICE vehicles are gone, Several auto mechanics I've talked to love start/stop, new cars have smaller starter motors and they wear out faster, good for their business

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Ram 5.7L do not has a gear drive starter, Its all off the ETQ, It works well, when you lift off the brake when in gear the Motor engages you can feel the vehicle move and start, If the 3.0VM has the same Technology ( I doubt it) it would benefit the Eco owner that engine is filthy sooty, I Even place paper towel over the EGR outlet and it sooted the paper towel at Idle Shock me Big Time, That was the beginning of the end for My ownership for the 3.0VM.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
The Ram 5.7L do not has a gear drive starter, Its all off the ETQ, It works well, when you lift off the brake when in gear the Motor engages you can feel the vehicle move and start, If the 3.0VM has the same Technology ( I doubt it) it would benefit the Eco owner that engine is filthy sooty, I Even place paper towel over the EGR outlet and it sooted the paper towel at Idle Shock me Big Time, That was the beginning of the end for My ownership for the 3.0VM.
When my warranty ends the damn EGR cooler and complete system is coming off. EGR cooler leak is one of the FCA recalls. I hope Texas doesn't start emission testing diesels, So far it's safety check only

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I shut My DSL off, regularly , they simply do Not need to Idle, Now that being said if it for some reason too thats OK, Like warm Up, Cool down or for the A/C-Heater ,ETC. I see people leaving their DSL running at the Pumps , I Just shrug it off. I need to leave My DSL's run at the pump for the transfer Tank , once the Factory tank is full I shutdown and just continue to fill the Aux/Transfer Tank.