• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2022 Limited has sealed fuel filter housing???

c_diesel2

Mar 17, 2024
Truck Year
Just bought a 2022 and was going to do a oil change and fuel filter for peace of mind and so I have a reliable starting point for both. Was ordering the parts and came across a youtube video of a guy changing his oil on a 2022 and he started talking about the fuel filter was different on 2022-2023 models ......stating a sealed housing and that the whole thing has to be replaced because there is to way to unscrew it......anyone have any insight on this matter? I climbed under my truck and took a picture....first part of the part # 68432442AB is the same , but the underneath 72097-AP 1752 is different from ones you can unscrew. I search all over the place and cannot find any definitive info on the matter.

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 13

c_diesel2

Mar 17, 2024
Truck Year
Just bought a 2022 and was going to do a oil change and fuel filter for peace of mind and so I have a reliable starting point for both. Was ordering the parts and came across a youtube video of a guy changing his oil on a 2022 and he started talking about the fuel filter was different on 2022-2023 models ......stating a sealed housing and that the whole thing has to be replaced because there is to way to unscrew it......anyone have any insight on this matter? I climbed under my truck and took a picture....first part of the part # 68432442AB is the same , but the underneath 72097-AP 1752 is different from ones you can unscrew. I search all over the place and cannot find any definitive info on the matter.
Anyone?????

c_diesel2

Mar 17, 2024
Truck Year
I guess everyone takes those that new to the dealer.
I prefer to do things myself , so i know it was done correctly.....also I am way to cheap to pay $500-$700 to a dealer to change my oil, oil filter and fuel filter....that is crazy to me

robyd

Aug 30, 2021
Truck Year
Just bought a 2022 and was going to do an oil change and fuel filter for peace of mind and so I have a reliable starting point for both. Was ordering the parts and came across a youtube video of a guy changing his oil on a 2022 and he started talking about the fuel filter was different on 2022-2023 models ......stating a sealed housing and that the whole thing has to be replaced because there is to way to unscrew it......anyone have any insight on this matter? I climbed under my truck and took a picture....first part of the part # 68432442AB is the same , but the underneath 72097-AP 1752 is different from ones you can unscrew. I search all over the place and cannot find any definitive info on the matter.
Here is mine from a 2020. The bottom unscrews

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0665.jpeg
    IMG_0665.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 5