• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2022 tuning

Westex

Jun 8, 2023
Truck Year
I know I am going to ask a question asked already ! I need to know with all the different tuners know out there and new places popping up which Tuner for delete off road is going to give the most reliable with best power . I like the MR Tuning but would like some feedback from someone with other tuners . also I see tunes that use external tunes and some that have tunes that you install on a laptop . I have 2015 with old GDE tune that is still running perect with 165k miles with regular oil changes . I now have the 2022 that I would like to keep it running and was hoping for some input

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I've had the pre-compliant GDE tune, probably like the one in your 2015. I think it is GDE's best tune but sadly no longer available. GDE claims their new compliant tune is even better and user reports support that claim. Unfortunately, GDE cannot sell that tune in Califunny (where I live.).

I ran SFT's tunes for several years and liked them, however, they turned out to be dishonest. So I went with MRT which I also like. MRT and SFT tunes perform much the same but MRT is regening more often than SFT.

IMO you only have those three choices with GDE being the best.

My comments are related to stage 1 tuning. I am not a supporter of deleting so I will not comment on stage 2 tuning.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
There appear to be many tuners out there but the 3 mentioned in Mr. Jensens post seem to be the most well established and reputable.... A word of advice "DONT BE CHEAP", many have tried but it is really hard to unscramble an egg when it is in the pan. (think of your ECM as the egg)