• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

3 years in and sold my ecodiesel

Stan517

Jul 27, 2019
Truck Year
So I purchased my Ram in summer 2019, used to pull a 5k pound rv to Texas coast and New Mexico and Arizona. We live in Oklahoma. Received our settlement check and hit 96k miles. No issues with it I just became uncomfortable, waiting for the darn thing to blow up. Sold it Carmax for 21,600 and bought a 2017 Toyota Tundra 1794 edition. Always done well with Toyota and Lexus so I feel much better. Good luck everyone, I'm out.

Harley

Oct 12, 2022
Truck Year
So I purchased my Ram in summer 2019, used to pull a 5k pound rv to Texas coast and New Mexico and Arizona. We live in Oklahoma. Received our settlement check and hit 96k miles. No issues with it I just became uncomfortable, waiting for the darn thing to blow up. Sold it Carmax for 21,600 and bought a 2017 Toyota Tundra 1794 edition. Always done well with Toyota and Lexus so I feel much better. Good luck everyone, I'm out.
I'm starting to feel the same way with my 2021. Been in shop 2 weeks and now I have another problem

FO876

May 26, 2021
Truck Year
Honestly, I'm fed up with this motor-imploding paranoia and the non-stop recalls.....received another notice last month for the HPFP, which said, "the remedy for this condition is not currently available"......WTF????

My bumper2bumper warranty expires in less than 4k miles or 13 months....I don't wanna play this f'ing 'chairs' game anymore. I don't need something to finally go then I get stuck with a 5-digit repair cuz it's not covered.

I'm curious, has anyone heard of someone doing an engine swap after their EcoD blows up, replacing it with a Hemi instead??? Cuz that's where I'm at now, if this motor blows, no way I'm putting in another ED.

Oddly enough, the ONLY shop time my '16 EcoD has spent was strictly for recalls. It really has been bulletproof for me....but I'm not confident that I can take it out on a long trip anymore, which is majorly contrary to how a diesel p/u owner should feel.