• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4” zone lift travesty

Dportm

Oct 9, 2021
Truck Year
Good day. I have a 2017 ram eco Ed longhorn 4x4. I got it used from the dealer with 20k miles and extended warranty. 2 years ago I had the zone 4 “ lift put on it. Zone is owned by BDS and Fox shocks. Just extra info. There were no notices at the time that this lift wasn’t compatible with the eco truck. After 2 years my front drive shaft goes. Dealership replaced under warranty. 8 months later it went again. Now she’s in the shop and the dealership says because of the lift the angle is wrong on the drive shaft which in turn is promoting the premature failure of the part. On another site I saw that Adams driveline will make a more robust driveshaft for $500. Does anyone have an alternative? Thanks in advance. They did give me a rental car while they do upgrade on ecu.

HomeSlice780

Sep 16, 2021
Truck Year
No alternative. I have 2021 Eco BH 4x4 with a BDS 4" lift. BDS recommend Drivelines Plus out of Indiana for a new front driveshaft. The issue with the factory shaft is the CV joint that connects into the transfer case. There are no issues with the u-joint end that connects into the front axle. CV joint doesn't like any angle at all. The driveshaft I got from Drivelines Plus has a U-joint at both ends. The shaft is a little longer too, so I did not have to install the spacer the lift kit comes with. Haven't had any issues with it.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Gee, when you start lifting a vehicle you alter driveline angles, it has NOTHING to do with incompatability, it's your responsibility to make sure those things are corrected and done properly and on your nickel. MAYBE the seller has some responsibility to inform you of this, it probably sates this in the instructions. The dealer had no responsibility for a driveline that was operating at extreme angles, so IMO you got lucky.