• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AlfaOBD with Veepeak BLE+ works

Sippola

Mar 8, 2023
Truck Year
Did a forced regen yesterday to clear a DPF 100%, see dealer message. Took a while to figure out the app and the connection - used the ELM327 Bluetooth selection on the OBD interface page. But it all worked and the truck is back to normal.

Reason for the DPF full was for a MAP sensor high code, P0108. Drove for about 6 weeks, clearing codes on a regular basis. On clearing the codes, sometimes would get a 90% full message, so would go for a drive on the hwy to clear. The regen worked fine except when there was an extra code like turbo underboost. Seems the first limp mode, doesn’t prevent regen, but the second does.

I downloaded the service manual, and the troubleshooting pointed to a bad wire on the MAP sensor output. I had an idea where, as the code was intermittent at first and would trigger wiggling a secondary wire bundle going into the primary C2 bundle to the ECM. Opened up the bundle, about mid way - counted 91 wires! Fortunately almost all were larger than the sensor wire I needed to find. Put a sharpened pin in and checked both terminals for connection, problem was towards the ecm. Opened up more of the bundle and soon found the problem. Wire was sheared almost all the way through, with just a few strands that had been recen failed. I suspect the damage came when the bundle was built.

Lots of info on this sight which enabled me to fix the problems, both the wiring and the DPF full. So thanks for saving me from the dealership!

Attachments

• 2BB2C699-2833-4F2E-B69F-4C0ACE2AB96D.jpeg
    2BB2C699-2833-4F2E-B69F-4C0ACE2AB96D.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 8