• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Annoying P24f3 code

Goldenfoot05

Aug 17, 2019
Truck Year
Hey all! I have a 2016 limited. It’s emissions present but with a PPEI engine and trans tune.
I have an interesting reoccurring code P24F3 that only shows up when the weather turns cold, then goes away when the weather stays above about 55 degrees at night. I’ve searched and searched and I’ve learned it has to do with the DEF and fuel temperature correlation. I believe the temperatures don’t agree and because it’s only in the cold weather I’m guessing that either one sensor is stuck reading warm while the other is reading ambient. It seems like the DEF temperature sensor is permanently attached to the DEF tank but I cannot find the fuel temperature sensor for the life of me.
Any help, insights or ideas you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!