• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any ABS Control Module failures out there?!?!?

FO876

May 26, 2021
Truck Year
So back in May, I got 3 MIL lights that would pop up on occasion, they were the brake, traction slip and ABS lights. Each time you started the truck it'd be hit or miss if they came on. So, I took it into my local dealer and they tell me they'll get back to me in the next day or so with their diagnosis. A week later, I hear back telling me I need a new EGR, which was replaced TWICE, the first time with the old recalled part, then the new part a year later and now again....they say the good news is it's covered. Regarding the brake-related lights they tell me I need a new ABS module and it's not covered.....even though I had purchased the extended warranty that is good til this Thanksgiving.

So I'm curious if anyone's had issues?!?!? Were they covered?!?!?

Thnx!

PA Steve

Jun 21, 2018
Truck Year
Before paying for an ABS module (expensive) I would do some more research or get a second opinion. My dealer told me I needed a new module, after reading up on the trouble code causes, I pulled the front wheel speed sensors, this is very easy to do. One of them was faulty and I replaced it, I think it was $18. Trouble codes cleared and haven't been back in 60k miles.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I believe mine is starting to fail or a connection issue somewhere. 177,xxx miles on mine. From time to time, no rhyme or reason my service electronic throttle kicks on and truck goes into limp mode. Believe it’s either abs module or steering control module, but I reset the error and it could be 20 miles or 200 till it happens again. My 01 ram had a pcm go bad and it threw a code saying it was bad so my feeling is, once it fails it fails and it will tell you!

PA Steve

Jun 21, 2018
Truck Year
Definitely not an expert here but I seem to remember my "service electronic throttle" message came on when my Tone Ring went bad. Has yours been updated? There was a limited recall.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I haven’t had any recall done since I bought it. My truck won’t see a dealer again unless I sell it based off my prior experience lol