• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Battery Voltage?

SOP

Dec 11, 2017
Truck Year
I’m trying to figure out if my battery is due for replacement. I’ve got a 2014 so it’s over 4 years old. The dash reads 12v prior, and then 12v post startup for 10-15 seconds, then reads 13v. My Edge CTS 2 reads 13.8v once running for a minute . I tried to search around and couldn’t find if that’s a normal reading or not.

Since it’s a sealed battery I can’t test the acid... which is the only real way to know if a battery is good or not. Unless it should be reading in the 14-14.4v range while running?

All connections are clean.

John

Nov 13, 2015
The best way to test your battery is with a load test. Most auto parts stores will do this for you.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
First thing too due is a load test and for that use a good dvom not the evic. Then test its charge capacity, fully charge the battery then let it sit overnight and see where the voltage rests a healthy battery well be up around 12.8v. As batteries age they lose there charge capacity and get weaker. Mine was resting around 12.5 after 2 years so I replaced it and used it for my snowmobile trailer where it well last a long time even weakened.