• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Can dealership install AEM patch and not notify chrysler or vehicle owner?

Hausser

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
Hi all,
I have a 2015 Ram Eco-diesel and have had numerous problems ranging from "Air Ride Suspension" failures to ECM issues.
Every time I've taken my truck to the dealership, they've been advised not to add the patch due to the nightmares I've read about all over.
Last time I took the truck in, the fuel filter housing and related sensor had to be replaced. Since I've had the truck back, it bogs way down when trying to accelerate in the morning when first started. Didn't have this problem before. Also, when taking my foot off the accelerator, it doesn't freely coast like it used to.
It decelerates as if it were stuck in 4WD or as if the brakes were partially engaged, though neither is the case. This sounds like something experienced by those who had the latest patch installed. Dealership says they can't find anything wrong.
My question: can dealership accidentally install AEM patch, find out there's been an error, and not notify Chrysler or vehicle owner?

Roger

Jan 20, 2019
Truck Year
If the dealership flashed your ECM, you will have a sticker affixed to the inside of your hood, maybe next to the hood catch similar to this.IMG_4575.jpg

Hausser

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks Roger
I think a dealership would place the sticker if they were on the up & up.
What if they weren't?
What if they flashed my truck by mistake, since my directions not to were on file ?
What if they don't want to admit they flashed the truck to avoid legal repercussions?
Given the system they're working under, is it possible to erroneously flash and cover it up by not informing FCA or myself it had been done?
Or is the flashing unit set up such that FCA is automatically informed when of vehicle VIN when procedure is done?
Thanks.

Roger

Jan 20, 2019
Truck Year
Good questions! I would look carefully at your paperwork, see if there is any "recall" information on the work order. (Just saying, in case you haven't already) Then take it back to the dealer and ask them to tell you which version of the software "is" on your ECM. I'm fairly certain any changes that may or may not have been made to your truck would be deliberate as opposed to automatic. Meaning the technician would be prompted by diagnostic software to load a new program.

Disclaimer: (This answer is only a guess and based no facts what-so-ever)

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
The dealer may also not include any information about the service performed on the service agreement. Always challenge them why this wasn’t operating when I brought the vehicle in. They like to write down things that are only beneficial to them. I had a Horn and Radio and USB not working. The service manager called to tell me they updated the radio which controlled the Horn and USB. When I looked at the description it was all misinformation as saying Horn and USB working. Notes try new USB cable.