• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Can I swap towing mirrors for Power folding mirrors?

HerbW

Dec 3, 2018
Truck Year
Hi. I have a 2015 Ram Ecodiesel Outdoorsman with towing mirrors that stick way out that I have to manually fold in all the time like driving into the garage. I want to change to power folding ones like bighorn/ Laramie trucks have. I’ve found a set off 2018 2500 Ram Laramie truck and wonder if anyone has did this? I found a new door switch too for the one center folding button.
Any ideas? Thanks, Herb

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
Hi. I have a 2015 Ram Ecodiesel Outdoorsman with towing mirrors that stick way out that I have to manually fold in all the time like driving into the garage. I want to change to power folding ones like bighorn/ Laramie trucks have. I’ve found a set off 2018 2500 Ram Laramie truck and wonder if anyone has did this? I found a new door switch too for the one center folding button.
Any ideas? Thanks, Herb

You will need the mirrors, drivers door switch, and both inner doors modules, and either the appcar or alfaobd or the dealer to add them to your truck.

Doable....yes, but time consuming to collect all the parts. Sometimes the dealer won’t add the sales code to your truck to enable the mirrors to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparmarty50

Jan 4, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
My ‘18 had with power folding mirrors in a package according to my window sticker. My truck came with the trailer tow mirrors (power for the flat mirrors but manual folding) as an option. So that probably wouldn’t be hard to change from power folding to tow mirrors. Don’t know if manual adjust tow mirrors are/were available or if your truck has them. If your truck has power mirrors but are manual folding, you might not have much to do. Hope this info has some value to you.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
my wife won't allow my fire Hazzard eco any where near our garage

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
my wife won't allow my fire Hazzard eco any where near our garage
Amazing, why on earth do you still own it?, I forgot life would be boring without this forum to spend your day on, I just love it when people bash a product but own one, Toyota has nice trucks you know

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
u buy what u want i buy what I want but the way I own 3
The first poster had a question about adding folding mirrors you come back with your wife wont allow it in the garage because it may burn the house down, I call that pointless bashing, whats the point you add nothing to the conversation except noise