• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Catastrophic failure at 62,000 miles.

2015EcoD

Nov 11, 2019
Truck Year
My 2015 RAM Eco Diesel experienced catastrophic failure going down the freeway at 72mph. This happened a few weeks after having the emmisions remapping recall performed. I began to hear a loud "clacking" or "tapping" kind of sound at first. I slowed down a little and back up to see if the sound changed with the engine, it did. I thought I had better pull over and then BAM, the truck completely shut down and I only had time to steer across 3 lanes of traffic and off a ramp part way, thank God no traffic then. At the dealer, they found large pieces of metal in the oil pan. The dealer has replaced the engine under warranty, however, I am less then pleased and have little confidence in this engine now. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group very common if they don't blow up burn up or broken down they wouldn't be a eco ram

2015EcoD

Nov 11, 2019
Truck Year
welcome 2 the group very common if they don't blow up burn up or broken down they wouldn't be a eco ram

Very unfortunate for quite a few it seems. I'm angry the dealer didn't give me a heads up about the possible issues with this engine when I bought it CPO in 2017. Anyone ever try to get their money back for non disclosure? Thanks.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
(n)Its Eco owners Have accept the high failure rate as normal....the industry minimum is 1 rotating mass failure Per 1000, VM 3.0s were failing at 250 Per month back in 2015-16. So You are 250+ Times more likely to have your 3.0 fail in 100K miles then the industries minimum...(n)(n) most rotating mass failure ratio's are 1 Per 2000.

2015EcoD

Nov 11, 2019
Truck Year
(n)Its Eco owners Have accept the high failure rate as normal....the industry minimum is 1 rotating mass failure Per 1000, VM 3.0s were failing at 250 Per month back in 2015-16. So You are 250+ Times more likely to have your 3.0 fail in 100K miles then the industries minimum...(n)(n) most rotating mass failure ratio's are 1 Per 2000.
Thanks for the info.