• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Catch can install

Mal

Jan 14, 2022
Truck Year
Hi every one
I installing a pro vent 200 catch can in my 2019 ram ecodiesel it has 38000 Km on it,
Once l installed it and went for a drive say around 20 miles and the engine light came on l drove home and connected my code reader, it came up with code P04DB is this because Ive installed the catch can and the sensor is detecting a pressure change and should l delete it or remove the catch can?
What do you think

Mal

Jan 14, 2022
Truck Year
I removed the catch can and went for a drive engine light stayed on.
So then l deleted the code to see if it would come on again, l went for another 20 mile drive and the light stayed off and is still off.
I contacted western filters who l bought the catch can off and there response was it would be highly unlikely it was the catch can.
Has any one else installed a pro vent brand and had this problem, and if so what did you do to remove the engine light and still have the devise installed?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
So then l deleted the code to see if it would come on again, l went for another 20 mile drive and the light stayed off and is still off.
I contacted western filters who l bought the catch can off and there response was it would be highly unlikely it was the catch can.
Has any one else installed a pro vent brand and had this problem, and if so what did you do to remove the engine light and still have the devise installed?
I have no experience with catch cans but I have read many posts like yours and the solution was to install a larger diameter hose.

Dan Walker

Jul 5, 2016
Truck Year
It's the catch can.. I've tried a few and no matter what that code always comes back. Why? A wild guess is that the sensor either thinks that there is too little or too much pressure across it. Thus it codes..

I have yet another model to try, actually the same company ADD W1 (https://www.addw1.com/). I've worked with them to find a solution, but so far no luck. But I'll try again.

Mal

Jan 14, 2022
Truck Year
Hi Dan
Cheers for the reply let us know how you go.

Mal

Jan 14, 2022
Truck Year
Hi John thanks for the reply
I spoke to the guys at western filters who sold me the can and recommended to you the same size hoses that was factory fitted to to try and get the pressure close as normal.
Its funny you know you watch all these youtube videos of people installing catch cans in Ram ecodiesel and no one talks about codes that might come now l dont think my car would be any different then theres.

Dan Walker

Jul 5, 2016
Truck Year
Hi John thanks for the reply
I spoke to the guys at western filters who sold me the can and recommended to you the same size hoses that was factory fitted to to try and get the pressure close as normal.
Its funny you know you watch all these youtube videos of people installing catch cans in Ram ecodiesel and no one talks about codes that might come now l dont think my car would be any different then theres.
appears a lot of other vehicles do not appear to have the sensors that these trucks have. Those sensors are a pain... Diesels ran so much better before the EPA put their hands on them.

nate0341

Nov 16, 2022
Truck Year
Any possible update on a solution? I would like to do the same for my truck however, I friggin hate the idiot engine light glowing or flashing,,,

Geico

Nov 9, 2022
Truck Year
I had the same code when I added an oil catch can to my 2020 Ecodiesel while doing the GDE engine and trans tune. GDE told me to move the pressure sensor down stream of the can and block off the open port where the pressure sensor was, it worked. No more codes.
I used a 1/2” copper “T” fitting with a cap on the center one. I drilled a .420 hole, added a gasket to seal it, and held the sensor in place with a hose clamp. Rube Goldberg for sure, but it works.

Side Note:
1. The 2020 will self clear codes (after 3 starts during normal driving, say 20 miles, not just 3 starts one right after another) Not sure if 2019 and earlier does that.
2. There are two electrical “gizmos” on the PCV hose. The closest one to you is the pressure sensor, it’s actually in the PCV housing. The one towards the back of the engine is a heater to melt ice.

Last edited:

Geico

Nov 9, 2022
Truck Year
Hi every one
I installing a pro vent 200 catch can in my 2019 ram ecodiesel it has 38000 Km on it,
Once l installed it and went for a drive say around 20 miles and the engine light came on l drove home and connected my code reader, it came up with code P04DB is this because Ive installed the catch can and the sensor is detecting a pressure change and should l delete it or remove the catch can?
What do you think
Read my reply to you above.

Geico

Nov 9, 2022
Truck Year
The code will self clear after 3-4 starts of normal driving.