• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Changing the EGR cooler.

ghostrider

Jun 25, 2019
Truck Year
I am new to the site and a new owner of an EcoDiesel. I was just wondering what the flat rate manual time was for changing a EGR cooler,if anyone knew it?

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Mine was $400 for the labor. $2135 for the EGR cooler, $9.90 each for three O-rings, ($27.90) $16.40 for an EGR Tube Gasket, $5 for some coolant, and $20 for 'EPA Environmental Compliance Shop Charge' and sales tax of $132.37. Grand total: $2738.47. Still struggling to get FCA to tell me when/if my reimbursement for that is being processed... Don't know if labor is $100 an hour or what, but the total was $400.

Last edited:

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome sorry to hear u have problems how many miles and what year

ghostrider

Jun 25, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the input. This is a 2015 model with 100K on the clock that I just purchased. I did a lot of study on this engine back in 2012 and was amazed by the praise that Gale Banks gave it. I still believe it is a very phenomenal engine. Immediately after I took delivery of it I drove it on a 5 hundred mile trip. The CEL came on midway through the trip and I took it back to the dealer. Replacement of the EGR cooler was their fix.Having worked in a BMW dealership, I thought it should not have taken two days to R&R a part.