• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code P0087 still wont go away

Amil1500

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys, hows it going? I got a 15 ram 1500ecoDiesel, got a p0087 code. Brought car to dealer and was told i need a fuel rail pressure sensor and regulator. Pay out of pocket for this and pickup truck 3 days later, drive the truck and boom the same code appears. Bring the truck back and now they tell me its the high pressure fuel pump, so i say ok change it, i just need the truck fixed, take 5 days get the truck back and boom once again code p0087 comes back! Wtf 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ How is this possible that a dealer cant pinpoint a issue on their cars !! Fuel filter Is oem & was replaced 6k miles ago, car has 66k miles and only a cold air intake. Anyone experienced something like this or similar, thank you in advance !

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Some Dealers fallacy pegs the meter, P0000, Why are you paying for such falsehood?

Did the stealer ever check the return rates of the system before you started to pay for there incompetence.

bradpitcher

Aug 17, 2022
Truck Year
Hey guys, hows it going? I got a 15 ram 1500ecoDiesel, got a p0087 code. Brought car to dealer and was told i need a fuel rail pressure sensor and regulator. Pay out of pocket for this and pickup truck 3 days later, drive the truck and boom the same code appears. Bring the truck back and now they tell me its the high pressure fuel pump, so i say ok change it, i just need the truck fixed, take 5 days get the truck back and boom once again code p0087 comes back! Wtf 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ How is this possible that a dealer cant pinpoint a issue on their cars !! Fuel filter Is oem & was replaced 6k miles ago, car has 66k miles and only a cold air intake. Anyone experienced something like this or similar, thank you in advance !
Yes, we have the same problem! They replaced both fuel pumps and all the injecters and the code is still there! They are completely flummoxed. The next plan they have is to reach out to "star engineers" for advice, this process can take a couple weeks they say. Did you ever find a resolution?