• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code P22FA

Seraphine

Aug 30, 2023
Truck Year
Hello. I have had my truck for 6 months, bought it used, it is a 2018. I got the Code P22FA. From what I have read on here on another thread it is the NOX Sensor. Is it still safe to drive the truck with this code until I can get it fixed?

Could someone tell me exactly where this sensor is located so that I can clean it? Please keep in mind that I'm a novice and this is the first diesel truck I've owned. If I can do this myself, I would rather do that.

basedaf

Feb 10, 2023
Truck Year

I haven't had that issue on this truck thankfully, but here's a write up I found for you for that code. If you end up replacing the sensor, keep in mind you'll need a pretty good scan tool to reset the values and let the truck know you replaced it.

Seraphine

Aug 30, 2023
Truck Year
Thank you base for your reply. I have read that post before. I was hoping to get a response on the exact location of the sensor and if I needed to take the tire, rear or front, off to get to it. I didn't know if he took the tire off for the o2 sensor or for the NOX or both. And I didn't know if it was front or rear tire, I assume the rear passenger.

Today the CEL went off. So I'm not sure if that means it accidently sensed something or what. But there isn't any engine light on right now.

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
I had a DPF sensor go bad on my 2016. I am not the original owner. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it free of charge. The whole diesel gate thing extended the warranty on the emission system apparently. I drove it no problems(maybe went through DPF quicker. .) for months before the dealer got it.

Seraphine

Aug 30, 2023
Truck Year
I bought a $4k extended warranty, and it doesn't cover that part, of course. If it is covered under the diesel gate thing (I don't know what that is yet) they didn't mention it. They told me 150 for diagnostic and then parts and labor, so that's why I am looking to do it myself. I drove it today for around 30 to 40 miles and the CEL hasn't come back on. I am going to call my mechanic tomorrow to see if it could have just been a fluke.

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
Idk. Id be very surprised if my dealer did it out of the goodness of their heart but i havent heard of many others getting the same treatment.