• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

coolant leak from tank hose

jdjj

Mar 14, 2021
Truck Year
I have a question. My coolant level is 1/2 inch below the seam. I fill it with distilled water/coolant mix and it goes up to the level of the seam and then runs out on the floor from the hose on the passenger side of the rad as i am filling it. It doesn't fill up to the full line on the tank. Why does it not fill up? Is there a pressure valve in the tank that could be wrong? Is replacing the tank the best/only solution? Thanks. Someone said that the black hose under the tank just lets out the excess fluid. How can that be without a pressure valve in it? Mine lets out fluid without pressure when the level is at the seam. Please help.

After seeing this and filling until it runs out (at the seam) it in December, 2021, and running the truck now with another 3000+ miles on it, the level is back up 1/2 " above the seam. BUT, I smell antifreeze when i get out of the truck; and can not find a leak (never). But is accidently tapped the overflow hose from the tank and it dripped antifreeze. So i am assuming it is dripping antifreeze from the overflow hose. I still think there has to be a pressure valve in the tank connecting to the hose. Any ideas from anyone? But my coolant level has stayed constant for the past 30 days (about 1/2 " above the seam).

jdjj

Mar 14, 2021
Truck Year
That's impossible isn't it? If so, fluid would come out when driving and under high pressure and the only fluid is ever have seen is a little wetness at the end of the drain hose (in the hose; not on the outside of it). Please explain.