• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coolant leak

Rick Winter

Aug 9, 2019
Truck Year
Can i drive my 2015 eco Diesel if my EGR valve is leaking cooling as long as i keep it topped up?

John

Nov 13, 2015
How much coolant are you losing?
I wouldn't since you will be sucking coolant into the intake. It will also pass through the Diesel Particulate Filter and can cause damage.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Several owners have. You will need a tune along with the delete. Considering an EGR cooler replacement is typically over 3 grand, the tune & delete kit is a bargain. If you are under the factory warranty or had the AEM with the extended warranty you could just get it replaced.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group no I would not keep driving it next u will b needing a motor antifreeze is very bad mixing with oil

John

Nov 13, 2015
There is no sign of coolant in the oil.
It typically is just getting sucked in through the intake and out the exhaust. People sometimes mention it will go into the oil, but not likely unless it somehow passed through the piston rings.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Get a oil test that is the only way to tell unless u r deleted then the oil doesn't get BLACK

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
I have done the delete using sasquatch egr delete easy to took about 30 minutes you will need a tune and remove the particulate filter I also got rid of the cadillac converter I used the GDE offroad ( hot ) tune. This stopped my leak and now have a better truck for it.