• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coolant reservoir full of oil.

Unf…lucky77

Jan 14, 2022
Truck Year
2016 Ram Laramie Ecodiesel it has had every recall after VB1 recall ( replace EGR cooler) another check engine light led to replacing the SCR Cat. Then a week later it spent 3 more weeks at the dealership in order to get the DEF system active again. It made it a little over 10,000 more miles for a total 118,000 miles. I lifted the hood to check the oil and found all the engine oil in the coolant reservoir. I could not touch oil on the dipstick. No engine lights or codes showed up. I had recently subscribed to Uconnect in order to keep an eye out for any trouble. I’m hoping it is covered under the extended Emission Warranty. I would appreciate any input or information. The SCR Cat was covered. Has anyone else had these type of problems? I swear if I can get it running just one more time I will trade it sell it drive in the ocean. Beautiful truck drives good but Worst f engine ever made. Nothing but problems.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Oil cooler failure is common. Unfortunately gonna require draining all the coolant and multiple flushes to get all the oil out you can