• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cp4.2 recall letter

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
January I was having excess noise from my pump especially if below 1/4 tank like it was cavatating. Late winter after a few months running #1. This was back in February and I had the dealer order a pump, was supposed to be a week ended up being 3 months. I said screw it honestly wasn't worth (to me) throwing 3k out of pocket at a dealer replaced pump on a 150k mile engine that could be replaced with an oe crate motor for 8k. Dealer wasn't happy sitting on the part but whatever.

I started staying off the bottom 1/4 a little more and started adding my waste oil on occasion. Dump a quart or 2 of the used t6 into the fuel tank for lubricity. I've put about 17k on since that time and don't have pump noise anymore.

Was pleasantly surprised to now see the recall letter show up aside from it stating there's no current fix available.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I read about the upcoming recall in the trade publications while we were in Montana in June and was waiting on the recall notice. I guess, whatever the new name for FCA is, hasn't found where 100K + HPFP's are located.
As a personal note I never run my fuel tank below 1/2 full just to protect the lift pump in the tank and to eliminate air introduced to the HPFP. My wife didn't adhere to this dogma like I do and we replaced her lift pump about a year back.
I also use Opti-Lube fuel additive for lubricant as well.
I have been hitting the web for aftermarket suppliers of parts as much as possible. Just like when the dealer diagnosed a leaking water pump at $840 and back ordered until no one knows when, I found Carter has a new part number for $125.00 available right now.

Good luck and enjoy the truck.