• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crank, no start and no codes

maverick81181

Dec 17, 2023
Truck Year
I bought a 2014 EcoDiesel Tradesman in October. It did not run when I got it. Did some checking on things and there was metal in the fuel system. I have replaced the lift pump, high pressure pump, injectors, hard lines and cleaned everything else. It'll crank but not fire like it has no fuel and it's not setting any codes. I'm not reading any fuel pressure from the pressure sensor but it has 5v reference signal. I'm completely lost.

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
Gee... that sounds eerily similar to what happened to me last year. So.. how much did they take you for? It was $5,800 for me. They gave me the same song and dance about metal and contamination and whatever else they could make up. Turns out my problem was EXACTLY what I told them the day I brought it in there and they hit me for everything else BUT the problem. I literally walked in and said "I have no power to the pump, I don't hear it prime at all when I key on."

They tried bullshitting me saying "You can't hear the new ones."

Uh-huh... turns out the wire from my TIPM to the lift pump had a break in it somewhere. Replaced the entire length of wire ... about 7 bucks worth. Pump lit off immediately with the key and fired up like it hadn't been sitting for the 13 MONTHS it sat in the driveway. Might be worth a check for you... TIPM all the way to the pump. One damn wire. If yours turns out to be the same problem, I'd wager this is a common problem for the truck, and a common way for dealerships to screw owners out of thousands of dollars.