• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crank no start ongoing

Mavrik-The-Gent

Oct 30, 2021
Truck Year
Truck has been down for 6 months.

New tone wheel and crank sensor.
New supply fuel pump. 60psi static.
New CP4 pump. 9000psi while cranking.
No metal was found in the fuel rails or lines.

No codes. Except basic stuff when you unhook the battery to remove the transmission.

I can check just about anything anyone suggests. Getting mighty cold to be riding my motorcycle places.

Please help!!!

Mavrik-The-Gent

Oct 30, 2021
Truck Year
Truck is original GDE tuned and deleted. No def and no egr. Been so since 11 miles. Has 155k on it now.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Truck has been down for 6 months.

New tone wheel and crank sensor.
New supply fuel pump. 60psi static.
New CP4 pump. 9000psi while cranking.
No metal was found in the fuel rails or lines.

No codes. Except basic stuff when you unhook the battery to remove the transmission.

I can check just about anything anyone suggests. Getting mighty cold to be riding my motorcycle places.

Please help!!!
I take the supply fuel pump to mean the lift pump from the tank, its looks good. The CP4 sounds OK for cranking although I see more like 28,000 psi while running. Can you scope the span width and pulse of the injectors while cranking? Try a shout out to GDE they have come up with a couple of avenues to investigate for me.
Good Luck.

EARL99208

Jul 7, 2021
Truck Year
I take the supply fuel pump to mean the lift pump from the tank, its looks good. The CP4 sounds OK for cranking although I see more like 28,000 psi while running. Can you scope the span width and pulse of the injectors while cranking? Try a shout out to GDE they have come up with a couple of avenues to investigate for me.
Good Luck.
Will GDE still provide assistance to a customer that has a pre-epa tune since they already got their butts spanked by the epa?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
That would be a question for them. I would assume a technical question yes. They are very knowledgeable on these engines and chassis