• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crank sensor/reluctor wheel

MrChewsChaos

Oct 24, 2022
Truck Year
I had this happen before the recall and I was $900 out of pocket during early 2020 covid lockdowns.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Engine cut off, whole Xmas tree lit up with a crank/no start... after the tow and a quick scan found 27 codes stored all for different things but what stood out was the crank sensor failure and after researching it I ended up having to pull the trans, slap a new reluctor wheel on it since it broke in the same fashion you see everyone else’s (magnet popped a 3/4” section off) and since I did all that I just replaced the sensor at the same time to alleviate doubling down on the job. Identifix calls for almost 6 hours, realistically it be done in about 3.5 but I did have to drill a 3/8” hole in the side to get the torque converter to line up again for reinstallation... for what it was it was a pricey job, about $415 bucks for both parts plus my time
Since then it’s been about 3 weeks and havnt has a problem since
Cool that you did it; but it's a recalled and warrantied repair. You may be able to submit for reimbursement on the parts but because you did it yourself you're limited.

It's unfortunate that it's a trans split job for tone wheel/crank position sensor but every Truck out there will be experiencing it at the 100-120k interval

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I had this happen before the recall and I was $900 out of pocket during early 2020 covid lockdowns.
Submit Repair proof to fca for reimbursement. Same happened to of; pre recall failure. Year later had the option to submit documentation