• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crankshaft Sensor Failure

BOBSKI

Feb 3, 2022
Truck Year
Hi Everyone..My 2017 Ecodiesel stopped at the highway. My FiXD OBD said Fuel Rail Pressure low and Crankcase Sensor..After checking the high pressure pump and lift pump the mechanic friend found out that the solenoid won't open. He also found it another code regarding the crank case Sensor.. Is there a recall for the crankcase Sensor and if my mechanic friend can change it will FCA refund the cost? TIA for the suggestions..

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What solenoid won't open, the Only Solenoids on and HPCR are injector solenoids.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thier are Six one for each injector...

1643901920288.png

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes, it won't Start..... The OEM OP needs the CSK reading, the update allows it to jump to Cam sensor from my understanding..

BOBSKI

Feb 3, 2022
Truck Year
Yes, it won't Start..... The OEM OP needs the CSK reading, the update allows it to jump to Cam sensor from my understanding..
Thank you. I need my truck very badly. My mechanic friend will just go ahead change it. Will FCA refund me for the labor and parts?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I do not know, its not as easy as just changing the CSK sensor, the tone ring flakes off and takes out the sensor, that requires, separating trans from Engine.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thank you. I need my truck very badly. My mechanic friend will just go ahead change it. Will FCA refund me for the labor and parts?
Only if he's certified. Otherwise they'll maybe reimburse parts but that's all

Lazy5

Feb 7, 2022
Truck Year
This just happened to me, middle of no where and died when trying to pass someone, denied by Chrysler because my vehicle was originally sold in Canada.