• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cruise Control

Brewsky

Jul 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hello, I have a 2014 Limited Laramie with more options than I know what to do with. I am hoping there is a safety setting somewhere that I am missing or just too fancy for me, but today it was raining and my cruise control would not turn on. It worked yesterday just fine and then this morning nothing. I am hoping that it just did not stop working. Is this a feature that anyone knows about? Or do I need to have that looked at? Thanks.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
If it still does not workscan for codes or try another switch

Brewsky

Jul 15, 2019
Truck Year
It worked on the way home after I watched a you tube video on tapping the steering wheel just above the button. Haha.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
If I remember there are sets of brushes it the wheel that wear out

Brewsky

Jul 15, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks, I find that the "tap" works, not sure it is worth messing with it.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
My 2014 Laramie Longhorn Limited started early this year with the intermittent cruise not functioning or quitting mid trip. Replaced pad on steering wheel with improved performance until two weeks ago, turning off mid trip and not being able to turn back on, not turning on at all, or working just fine. All the foible online fixes are anecdotal and not long term fixes. Mine does not throw a code, neither while it is happening or stored. Alldata points to pad, I think "Clock Spring" or module. Dealer wants to diagnose and charge me.

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Be extra careful using cruise when in rain or snow, don't ask me how I know. Actually, just DON'T use cruise in either of those situations.