• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dealer Padding my post-settlement recall work?

jcdeaver

Sep 18, 2019
Truck Year
A couple of days after getting the recall corrected as required by the settlement, I had a check engine light activate. A quick check with my code reader showed codes P203E and P24AE. It took a month or so to get around to getting the truck to the dealership to get the issues corrected. When I dropped the truck off at the dealership, they advised me the truck needed a $175 "Humidity Sensor", a $1425 "DEF Module" (covered under warranty), and a $530 DEF System Flush and clean. They are telling me only the DEF Module is under warranty and the sensor and system clean is not. They are also telling me that they cannot install the DEF Module without cleaning the system and that if I leave without having the system cleaned and the DEF Module replaced that my warranty would be voided. Sounds like BS to me. I have filed a complaint with Chrysler and have been given a case number however have not received a callback. In the meantime, my truck is sitting at the dealership waiting for me to tell them how to proceed. Has anyone had any similar experience or can shed some light on if the warranty should or should not cover all of this? Sounds to me like if they have to clean the DEF system in order to install the part then that should be part of the warranty work. My copy of the new warranty says the warranty covers all cost and labor associated with correcting these issues with the DEF system. If they are gonna void my warranty anyway, I may just go with a delete option. I already received my money, but I sure do not wanna give it back to them in repair cost if I don't have to.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Review the official extended emissions warranty and it will show your dealer is full of it.

jcdeaver

Sep 18, 2019
Truck Year
Just received a reply back from Chrysler, they said the refilling and cleaning of the DEF system was not covered under the new warranty even if the dealer was requiring it to be done as part of the warranty repair (makes no sense to me), however, Chrysler said they would reimbursement for the cost of the system cleaning if I send them my receipt from the dealer. Chrysler said prices for the work was set by the independent dealer and they could not include it in the warranty however would reimburse me for it. I still think it is a load of crap however I guess Chrysler is paying for it either way. I am having the repair done and my warranty lives on. Can't wait to see what code pops next time and what crazy repair work the dealer requires.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I agree it doesn't make sense but I'm happy to hear you you will get your money back.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group dealers are theifs with a license to steal