• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DEF Removal Issues

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
Incredibly long story short, I got an SFT Tune a few months back for my engine and trans. I thought, like HDDS that their tune allows you to delete the DEF Tank. I did this when I did my stage 2 and got a U02A2 CEL. After some testing on my end, I contacted SFT. They charged me $50 and said that the CEL should be gone. It left for about 5 seconds then was back. They then told me to flash my original tune, clear the codes then flash the custom DEF delete tune. I did this, same problem. They then chewed me out for using a BlueDriver to clear the codes and insisted I get a MX OBD device and AlfaOBD. I did this, contacted them for the specific instructions for AlfaOBD and they basically responded, "IDK ask Alfa what to do." I attempted to use this to clear the codes but it didn't do anything for the CEL that the BlueDriver couldn't do.

Now they've changed their story again and told me to "reset the SCR System via Alfa". Does anyone have any actual experience that can help? I need to get rid of the CEL so if I get an actual CEL, I know. Also, in doing some testing, I accidentally broke the specific sensor causing the error. Of course, it's the one moulded into the tank so I cannot simply reinstall it.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the long winded post!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
i can fiddle with my Alfa program tomorrow afternoon. Booked up till late tonight but Sounds like you’ll need to replace that sensor

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah unfortunately that's what I'm thinking as well. I really wish I could find the actual sensor instead of having to buy the entire def tank.

Thanks for the reply!

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
The worst part is that the sensor that is throwing the code, isn't even on the DEF tanks for 14-15 and some 16s from what I understand. The price difference for that one moulded sensor is about $500 for OEM parts.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
You may be able to go into Alfa and delete the tank but I’m probably wrong. I know you can do a pile of stuff with it to the point it’s dangerous lol

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
Did you get a chance to look? I went into the car configuration and set "urea system present" to No but it didn't work. I originally wanted to delete it because they're heavy and I wanted to reclaim some payload capacity.