• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Deleted now won’t start.....

Ianmil17

Feb 21, 2020
Truck Year
Just did a full delete.... went to start truck up and Service transmission code and throttle code. Glow plugs will engage but truck won’t turn over. I could have messed up when switching out the ecm. If that is the case where should my next step be as I cannot go back to stock because the egr and dpf are fully gone.. any help is greatly appreciated

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
There’s a few threads floating around the ol’ inter-webs with similar circumstances. As you stated, it might be the ECM connection. Is it tuned?

Ianmil17

Feb 21, 2020
Truck Year
Yep, just finished deleting the egr and dpf systems themselves. Threw in my new tuned ecu and that’s where I’m left at. Stuck as where to go from here really.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Yep, just finished deleting the egr and dpf systems themselves. Threw in my new tuned ecu and that’s where I’m left at. Stuck as where to go from here really.
Damn. It’s gotta be something with the ECM...someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
lanmil17, Check those connections on the ECM again as suggested, if you bent one do you best to correct it, Also if you don't have dia-electric grease get some and use it....Report back I'll be gone for a few hrs and will check back in.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Dude, I’m wondering if has something to do with deleting, before tuning? I’ve read a couple of threads where Power Stroke owners ran into that issue

Ianmil17

Feb 21, 2020
Truck Year
I was thinking that as well. Tried to hard reset the stock ecu and still nothing. If that was the problem I have no idea where to go from the because I mangled up my dpf pretty hard in the process of removing

Ianmil17

Feb 21, 2020
Truck Year
lanmil17, Check those connections on the ECM again as suggested, if you bent one do you best to correct it, Also if you don't have dia-electric grease get some and use it....Report back I'll be gone for a few hrs and will check back in.
Will try that in the morning and post back, thanks!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Lanmil17, Call Me on this I just don't have the time to post with keystrokes No Need to worry it something simple and overlooked 9-10 Cases.
763-228-7121.Todd.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
O ,just don't keep cranking, if it don't start quickly continuing to crank over and over NO good.

Ianmil17

Feb 21, 2020
Truck Year
Got it figured out, when we were cutting out the dpf we must’ve hit the transmission harness. Got a new one today at the dealer and now I’m good to go. Truck feels like it has double the power now and sounds mean. Thanks for the help!

Cj60

May 8, 2020
Truck Year
I have the 2015 and wouldn't have a clue where to even start... Guess I'll be doing a lot of searching. If there is a "How To" thread around I'd appreciate a link! I'm searching right now (how I found this thread) but haven't found much yet...

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have the 2015 and wouldn't have a clue where to even start... Guess I'll be doing a lot of searching. If there is a "How To" thread around I'd appreciate a link! I'm searching right now (how I found this thread) but haven't found much yet...

Not really sure why you would go to all the trouble to physically delete everything. Installing the tune is very simple and should increase performance, mileage and extend longevity.

Cj60

May 8, 2020
Truck Year
Not really sure why you would go to all the trouble to physically delete everything. Installing the tune is very simple and should increase performance, mileage and extend longevity.
I'll be looking forward to reading replies to this since I am just learning about all of this. I was under the impression that one needed to remove the EGR system so that it all didn't plug up with gunk caused by the addition of the DEF fluid, the turbo charger and such. If only a re-tune was necessary, I would wonder why anyone would remove everything, change the exhaust too.