• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Deleting 2018 Ecodiesel

Austinr176

Apr 7, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey just a couplee questions about deleting these things... 1- Do they sound like little 4 cylinder hondas after?
2- What are you guys getting for fuel mileage?

Thanks in Advance

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No, they sound like a diesel (If its straight piped). loud and lots of drone.

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Running GDE hot tune w/full delete in my 2014 Ecodiesel with a 2018 motor just installed after original had bearing failure at 188,000 kms. Slightly louder on idle, I don’t notice it being any louder when running. Performance is much improved and mileage has improved however I can’t say by how much as I only have 300kms on the motor.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Running GDE hot tune w/full delete in my 2014 Ecodiesel with a 2018 motor just installed after original had bearing failure at 188,000 kms. Slightly louder on idle, I don’t notice it being any louder when running. Performance is much improved and mileage has improved however I can’t say by how much as I only have 300kms on the motor.
hot tune or off road tune?

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
My apologies, hot tune, off road tune, high idle and engine brake. I haven’t experienced the engine brake yet so I can’t comment on that. If anyone with the engine brake option is out there, I’d be interested to hear how or what you do to activate it.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
My apologies, hot tune, off road tune, high idle and engine brake. I haven’t experienced the engine brake yet so I can’t comment on that. If anyone with the engine brake option is out there, I’d be interested to hear how or what you do to activate it.
Manually downshift to activate it. Needs rpm above 2000 and foot off pedal. More braking effect the closer you are to 4000 rpm.

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks GD! What mechanical process is slowing the vehicle with the engine brake? Its called an engine brake so I'm assuming its not just downshifting.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks GD! What mechanical process is slowing the vehicle with the engine brake? Its called an engine brake so I'm assuming its not just downshifting.

The vanes on the turbocharger are closing to increase pumping losses. Same as Ford Powerstroke or GM Duramax. This is very common on diesel engines, FCA made a mistake by not incorporating it from factory.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
we were told 2 stop using the engine brake for it was blowing the head gasket after 4 head gaskets got rid of the vgt turbo and no more blown gaskets

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
we were told 2 stop using the engine brake for it was blowing the head gasket after 4 head gaskets got rid of the vgt turbo and no more blown gaskets

The engine brake must be calibrated properly. Do not exceed Garrett's backpressure spec for the turbo and do not exceed the limit for valve float. The head gasket is a different issue as the cylinder pressure would have to be very high for that to fail. CP is low during engine braking as no fuel is being burned.