• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel fuel treatment

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I used it every fill-up. Is it worth it? Depends on why you are using it.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome most diesel fuel is treated already for cold they will b switching to summer soon

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Been using the Stanadyne performance for about a year. Mostly for the lubricity. I am not sure I see any HP increase but I like my fuel consumption.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I use Lucas injector cleaner. I use about 2 gallons a year just to hopefully extend injector life. I have no idea if it helps or not. It is more hope than faith.

JMF157

Jan 11, 2019
Truck Year
I use PowerService products. Silver bottle for all weather, White bottle for cold weather (below 32*F), Red bottle for freeze-ups. In the winter I treat every tank with the white & every two add the silver also. In the warmer weather I use the silver only every 2 to 3 tanks. When I go on trips where the engine will run at highway speeds for an hour or more, I treat with the required amount from the silver bottle AND a can of Seafoam. I have found my truck has more power and speed off the line since the day I bought it, used with 30,000 mi. Hope this helps.

JMF157

Jan 11, 2019
Truck Year
I use Lucas injector cleaner. I use about 2 gallons a year just to hopefully extend injector life. I have no idea if it helps or not. It is more hope than faith.
I have used Lucas products for gas engines in the past and love them. How has your experience been for diesels? I am thinking of switching back to Lucas from PowerService as I get more for my money. Thank you for your reply.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I have used Lucas products for gas engines in the past and love them. How has your experience been for diesels? I am thinking of switching back to Lucas from PowerService as I get more for my money. Thank you for your reply.
I really don't know how to answer. My truck runs fine. Whether that means the Lucas does a good job or not, I really don't know. I want to keep the injectors clean and hopefully the Lucas helps.