• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dodge dealership charging way to much (rant)

Korsch

Dec 29, 2018
Truck Year
Went to my local dodge dealership to have my transfer case output seal replaced because it was leaking and had the stub shaft replaced as well. I knew the seal was leaking that’s why booked it in, received a text from an advisor saying that my upper control arms were both bad and my brakes needed to be done, essentially quoting me 5 grand in servicing. I just had my brakes done in August so I was suspicious if they’re just trying to over charge my service. I elected to just do the seal and stub shaft like I originally went in for, after picking my truck up I was looking over the receipt and seen that I was charged 1300$ for the seal and stub shaft (916$ in labour). Both have estimated times of 1.5 hours an each so 3 hours total, I’m not a mathematician but that’s 300$/h shop rate. Is it me or is this outrageous? I don’t know what to do or who to contact if anyone. What I do know is I won’t be doing my upper control arms there. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should to PLEASE CONTACT ME

Attachments

• 80CC5839-7681-4BFB-AD38-7FFC68B82258.jpeg
    80CC5839-7681-4BFB-AD38-7FFC68B82258.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 9

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I would make an appointment with the Service Manager. He's the one to hear your "rant". But don't rant, be professional.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Many dealerships put the facade on. In reality many dealerships service teams conceal a less pleasant outcome. $60.15 for shop Supplies LMBO.... IMO The stealer ship is fleecing YOU OP.