• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dodge help me!!!!!!! (Lost motor)

Wheelsmith

Apr 15, 2020
Truck Year
I just purchased a 2014 Dodge eco diesel 4x4 limited 6 days short of 3 months ago. Beautiful condition but with 102,000 miles on it for 24k. Motor seized up on freeway at 65mph. First low oil pressure light came on then with less than a minute later heard knocking then just shut off and coasted off freeway. I had put almost 4500k on it in the time I had it. Seemed to run great.
Now I’m looking at 10k to put a new motor in. Would any body out there have any recommendations as to how I can possibly go back to dodge on this. Also the dealer I got it from was just a third party dealer that sold it to me and gave me a verbal 3 month warranty . Now they wan tto do nothing for me,

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Bottom line, IF IT AIN'T IN WRITING, THEN IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Your word against theirs. Best wishes!

scratch66

Mar 5, 2020
Truck Year
I just purchased a 2014 Dodge eco diesel 4x4 limited 6 days short of 3 months ago. Beautiful condition but with 102,000 miles on it for 24k. Motor seized up on freeway at 65mph. First low oil pressure light came on then with less than a minute later heard knocking then just shut off and coasted off freeway. I had put almost 4500k on it in the time I had it. Seemed to run great.
Now I’m looking at 10k to put a new motor in. Would any body out there have any recommendations as to how I can possibly go back to dodge on this. Also the dealer I got it from was just a third party dealer that sold it to me and gave me a verbal 3 month warranty . Now they want to do nothing for me,
After what I've been through with my replacement, I sure feel for ya. I'd seek out every list you can find and get on it in hopes of buy-backs or something down the road. These are failing at about 19 a week, as I find through general research, anyway.
IF it comes down to it, my warranty company bought a motor from DAHMER POWERTRAIN in Missouri. There were NO used motors anywhere to choose from that had less miles on it than mine so, a new one had to be bought. I was able to speak to the Dahmer rep a couple times now and he has been helpful and informative.
Dahmer got the motor from the actual Dodge factory, new in the box and prepped for the 2016 application (my truck). It wasn't one of the Dahmer rebuilds. Cost was just over $7K as written on the order BUT it is a 2020 NEW-NEW-everything down to the dipstick. Supposed to be plug-n-play as the Dahmer rep explains. My motor was AA on the part number and the new one is AF meaning that there are 5 versions since my original so, I HOPE that this is going to be a one-time fix. It was my crank bolts that broke- several of them- but not due to heat, lube, etc. Just broke while rolling down the interstate with no warning except the start of knocking that got louder within a minute or two.
Good luck- I hope Dodge/Ram/somebody steps up on this and helps out.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Now I’m looking at 10k to put a new motor in. Would any body out there have any recommendations as to how I can possibly go back to dodge on this. Also the dealer I got it from was just a third party dealer that sold it to me and gave me a verbal 3 month warranty . Now they wan tto do nothing for me,
If the vehicle did have an AEM software update. The warranty I believe is carried over to the new owner. The class action lawsuit will cover the cost. No deductible or out of pocket costs!