• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Don't do the update on your Ram 1500 It will ruin it

Dan Drake

Sep 18, 2019
Truck Year
If you didn't do the update yet, I would put it off as long as you possibly can. So i did the update two days ago and my truck runs horrible. I pull out into oncoming traffic and it has a 3 second delay before it moves then it takes off super fast and dangerous. It doesn't always do it, but once is too much and in two days it has happened 3 times where I was in danger of oncoming traffic plus a few more times at stop lights or stop signs etc. At stop lights you can still remain safe and people will think you are just an old man driving, but changing lanes or going out onto a street into oncoming traffic is putting your life at risk especially in heavy traffic areas in Southern California, which is pretty much the area I drive. I am going to have to sue Chrysler and replace my truck. I for sure can't drive in Southern California Traffic with this flaw. Does anyone have a reference to an attorney already working on this huge safety issue? I called the local Dodge dealer, they told me there is nothing they can do and perhaps I could change how I drive. They gave me the number to Chrysler and Chrysler told me that they can't help me at all.

Its so sad because I loved this truck so much. I dont' understand how it could be such a gross polluter, using HALF as much gas as my Ford Larriet. For sure my favorite truck ever, now I wonder if I should stop driving it or get more life insurance for my family. What a life threatening situation. For sure someone will die and that will be too bad it was all to save the environment from a truck that uses HALF as much gas as my Ford Larriet that is street legal..... If you can avoid doing the update I urge you to do so.