• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Don't know what to do

Upset mama

Sep 22, 2023
Truck Year
Hi all
First, let me say that I love my eco-diesel Jeep. Three months ago I took my Jeep Wrangler Eco diesel in for an oil change. After I picked it up, the check engine light came on. It has been in the shop off and on now for three months. They have changed so many things and nothing has worked. They are now telling me that the pressure at the manifold is zero and should be reading between 18-22. They told me that they have to order a pressure machine so they can see if there are leaks. Anything after that, their response is "They don't know". Apparently, there are very few of these pressure machines and they are having issues locating one through Stallanis. They cannot or will not tell me what the next step is if they find no leaks. The jeep only has 35, 000 miles on it. I have started researching the option of a buyback and purchasing another eco diesel but they are all on "stop sale". Does anyone know the reason why? I keep getting the same company line from them, "they are moving towards electric/hybrid models. The available eco diesels are not able to be sold. When I mentioned that in my direct area there are over 250 eco diesels for sale, they actually hung up on me. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? I am getting desperate
. Thanks all for any information you can share with me

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Is this used for DD? if so buy gas. It's a Hero/Zero engine, it will soon be completely out of production the value will drop and the cost of repairs will skyrocket in long term ownership.

Upset mama

Sep 22, 2023
Truck Year
Thanks TC,
Yes it is a daily driver. I am really stuck. They can't seem to find and fix the issue. Talked with them about a trade, but nothing can be done until they figure out the issue. They are actually renting me a Jeep Gladiator during this time at $100 per day. I am driving that like I stole it, lol. But I am sure they won't be doing that for long. In their 26 years of working on diesels, they have never seen this issue before. I am hoping they buy it back and tear into it and figure it out. Stand by for more news. appreciate your response

offgridcabin

Oct 16, 2023
Truck Year
Hi all
First, let me say that I love my eco-diesel Jeep. Three months ago I took my Jeep Wrangler Eco diesel in for an oil change. After I picked it up, the check engine light came on. It has been in the shop off and on now for three months. They have changed so many things and nothing has worked. They are now telling me that the pressure at the manifold is zero and should be reading between 18-22. They told me that they have to order a pressure machine so they can see if there are leaks. Anything after that, their response is "They don't know". Apparently, there are very few of these pressure machines and they are having issues locating one through Stallanis. They cannot or will not tell me what the next step is if they find no leaks. The jeep only has 35, 000 miles on it. I have started researching the option of a buyback and purchasing another eco diesel but they are all on "stop sale". Does anyone know the reason why? I keep getting the same company line from them, "they are moving towards electric/hybrid models. The available eco diesels are not able to be sold. When I mentioned that in my direct area there are over 250 eco diesels for sale, they actually hung up on me. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? I am getting desperate
. Thanks all for any information you can share with me
For Gods Sake Don't Buy another Ecodiesel

TJC

Sep 15, 2023
Truck Year
Well Ido know this. I did not take my truck to ram because they want a fortune for it. I took my truck to a guy about 35 miles from where I live and he knows all about them. He told me that a major problem this truck is folks where the oil is changed don’t always reset that our change light. He said if that is missed for about 15k total miles then that thing has all kinds of issues and if it’s bad enough it can effect that manifold and other things not having enough pressure. It’s a great motor but you have to make sure that thing is reset.
And by the way. If there is an issue with the manifold. You will not get a new one. I was told they are still on back order.

So check engine light comes on. Find a place not the dealer and take it there. The force regen works great but is not need if you do a simple little reset.
Other thing is. This engine is not made
Any more
Another way to fix this issue is get your exhaust filter deleted. About 6k and your fine.