• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco diesel head replacement

andrewbedor

Aug 18, 2023
Truck Year
Hey I am working on a 2015 ram 1500 3.0 eco diesel and wondering if there are any issue people have run into doing that repair or any tips

Johnmaynard

Aug 1, 2023
Truck Year
I have done a couple of them. Have you read the service info? It’s very important. It helps if you pull the cab off of the truck

andrewbedor

Aug 18, 2023
Truck Year
Thank you i only have identifix at work they have repair info but would you recommend a different source?

Johnmaynard

Aug 1, 2023
Truck Year
I have always used the Chrysler info. I’m a master tech with them. There are special tool’s involved

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
I would agree with John.

I've done it the other way (without removing the cab), and used AllData DIY. It can be done this way, but requires a lot of leaning over into the engine compartment, so hopefully you have a good back!

IIRC, the special tools are the camshaft lock (for timing), timing chain tensioner pin(s), angle torque wrench and the head alignment tool to ensure the head is square with the front of the block (to ensure a flat mating surface). After rebuilding a few of these, I just broke down and bought the Miller tool set which makes life much easier.

While you are in there, it wouldn't hurt to replace the turbo cooling hose...