• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco diesel problem

John Parisee

Jan 23, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2015 eco diesel, 3 days ago on a cold morning , I was pulling about 6000 lbs up to St. Jacob's, round trip 300klm..I noticed had a different noise , sounded like a growling noise...but didn't loose any power , no lights came down, then noise would quiet down when reached running speed.
It got louder today, took in to dealer, they asked when oil was changed , it was 10 days ago...they said, wrong oil was probably put in that engine took it back to jiffy lubes, they dropped it , put right oil in, took back to dealer, they said lots of metal shavings in oil pan and filter..they said need new engine, could this be faulty oil in , there 123ks on it

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I would say possibly if the viscosity was too thick but I don’t see 10 day oil destroying these motors, more like previous damage from the motor. If jiffy changed the oil those shavings wouldn’t have been in there IMO...

John Parisee

Jan 23, 2020
Truck Year
I would say possibly if the viscosity was too thick but I don’t see 10 day oil destroying these motors, more like previous damage from the motor. If jiffy changed the oil those shavings wouldn’t have been in there IMO...

John Parisee

Jan 23, 2020
Truck Year

John

Nov 13, 2015
I'm not sure what causes the bearing failure but it's not at all uncommon with the Ecodiesel.

Attachments

• FCA Bearing Failure Oil Spec..pdf
    49.9 KB · Views: 17
  • FCA Email Bearing Failure Calibration.pdf
    53 KB · Views: 12

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I thought these engines go BOOM once something is gone bad, not drive around getting oil changed whilst its "growling" and going back to dealer. Sounds like drivetrain noise if it goes away when you ease up at speed. But metal in oil? Can't argue with that!

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I use Valvoline for my quick oil changes except for the Eco. I do all the ECO service at the dealer, they screw it up, they own it. There's a reason why RAM wants a particular oil in the engine. I'd be talking to Jiffy, I'd be surprised if FCA didn't balk at honoring the warranty. Good luck!