• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco smoking

JackedRam

Apr 19, 2022
Truck Year
Hi I have a 2015 ram 1500 eco diesel and having problem with a lot of black smoke new fuel pump, and filter but keep getting a RPS code can anyone can help please I’m about to lose it!!

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Hi I have a 2015 ram 1500 eco diesel and having problem with a lot of black smoke new fuel pump, and filter but keep getting a RPS code can anyone can help please I’m about to lose it!!
I agree with Temper126, it would appear to be a fuel injector issue. Is your RPS code for high or low voltage? If high then I would suspect a fuel pressure regulator issue. If low I would go with a stuck or leaking injector, if you are getting smoke through the OEM exhaust I would jump on a stuck injector. My wife's 2015 Jeep GC had two faulty injectors which was causing a constant DPF full condition.
Good luck with your issue, remember the fuel lines are one time use and I have not found rebuilt injectors online yet so limited to new BOSCH.