• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel back to back Regen

Moodyism

May 22, 2021
Truck Year
I installed the compliant gde tune yesterday. On the way back from dinner last night it showed filter 80% full so we popped up on the highway and took it for a drive until the regen was complete. Left this morning and about a mile from the house got a 90% full message. I drove it on the highway until the regen was complete. Any thoughts on why this would happen? I bought the truck second hand a few weeks ago from a one owner that had service done regularly.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If it hits 100% limp mode will result, Do You have the skill and the tools to force stationary De-soot? if not acquire the skill and buy Alfa-OBD MX2. place the truck in De-soot mode at least twice then change the oil.

Moodyism

May 22, 2021
Truck Year
If it hits 100% limp mode will result, Do You have the skill and the tools to force stationary De-soot? if not acquire the skill and buy Alfa-OBD MX2. place the truck in De-soot mode at least twice then change the oil.
I now have the obd Mx+. Do I need the alfaobd app that runs $49. Thanks

jeepfellowcj

Jun 26, 2021
Truck Year
If it hits 100% limp mode will result, Do You have the skill and the tools to force stationary De-soot? if not acquire the skill and buy Alfa-OBD MX2. place

By de-soot twice, are you saying to do 2 regens then an oil change? I am fairly new to the ecodiesel world, and am curious what this does. I know what the regen does, but what does doing 2 rangers and a oil change accomplish. Sorry if that's a rookie question, but I am curious..thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes..... if it won't allow 2 Regen drive it a few miles and re-engage.

The Regens will add fuel to the Crank case , thus lowering the viscosity, it takes more then just once to clear the DPF and Turbo.