• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Fires

PatP

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
As many of you out there know Ram will be having yet another recall as of lately for a fire risk in their ecodiesels (big surprise right)! That would satisfy/rectify the present owners, but what about previous owners who lives were put at risk for these lemons. Also how Ram did everything within their power to get out of fixing these situations.... My situation is I bought a 2014 big horn 4x4 ecodeisel and at 40k mi still under warranty it had an engine fire. As many of you on here Ram stated the culprit to be leaky injectors, which the Ram dealership replaced 18k mi prior. I did sustain some smoke inhalation, but thankful my family wasn't present at time. I purpose that we (Ram ecodiesel fire victims) all join together for our compensation for the risk, inconvenience, and the down right shadiness of Ram has bestowed upon us. I am sure it cost us all more than we wanted. Or if there are already directions that I can take or already in process please let me know!! Thank You All.

Melted Eco

Dec 1, 2019
Truck Year
My 2014 went up as well. You may be right about us joining together. How many of us are there?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
starting a lawsuit is very expensive unless u can get a lawyer 2 take it on percentage fmc sure does make some junk

PatP

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
My thought is if I put in3k and we get 50 people to do the same that 150k and a start!

PatP

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
Also this would be very lucrative for the lawyer considering the potential for sympathy points, injury potential and rams current situation/ standing on them now..

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
what u should is send a complaint to nthsa if they get enough they will start a lawsuit

PatP

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
Just did.. Here is my fire, though I think Melted Eco has got me beat!

Attachments

• engine-fire.jpg
    engine-fire.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 36

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
My understanding as of about a month ago their were about 60 that caught on fire, the total for the recall is about 107000 trucks, just to put this in prospective in December 2018 Ford had a recall for 874000 trucks for fire, then another recall for fire in April 2019 for 130000 trucks, for someone who had their truck catch on fire and stand and watch it take place I can understand your thoughts, but cars and trucks have caught on fire since the beginning, hopefully they get better, all brands of cars and trucks have a fire bomb model from time to time

PatP

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
My understanding as of about a month ago their were about 60 that caught on fire, the total for the recall is about 107000 trucks, just to put this in prospective in December 2018 Ford had a recall for 874000 trucks for fire, then another recall for fire in April 2019 for 130000 trucks, for someone who had their truck catch on fire and stand and watch it take place I can understand your thoughts, but cars and trucks have caught on fire since the beginning, hopefully they get better, all brands of cars and trucks have a fire bomb model from time to time

PatP

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
I can tall you it is much higher than 60.. I know of at least a dozen where Ram states they are not reaponsible because of "leaky injectors" and other excuses. Mine Ram States leaky injectors, but my insurance company says otherwise...

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
As many of you out there know Ram will be having yet another recall as of lately for a fire risk in their ecodiesels (big surprise right)! That would satisfy/rectify the present owners, but what about previous owners who lives were put at risk for these lemons. Also how Ram did everything within their power to get out of fixing these situations.... My situation is I bought a 2014 big horn 4x4 ecodeisel and at 40k mi still under warranty it had an engine fire. As many of you on here Ram stated the culprit to be leaky injectors, which the Ram dealership replaced 18k mi prior. I did sustain some smoke inhalation, but thankful my family wasn't present at time. I purpose that we (Ram ecodiesel fire victims) all join together for our compensation for the risk, inconvenience, and the down right shadiness of Ram has bestowed upon us. I am sure it cost us all more than we wanted. Or if there are already directions that I can take or already in process please let me know!! Thank You All.
Sorry to hear you story, you are now a previous owner of the truck?, if so what are you trying to do?, just appears to spell pay me, pay me, if so this forum won't be a very big help, best of luck

PatP

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
Nope they did nothing for me (absolutely nothing).. even though it was under warranty and they replaced the very item they SAY was at "fault" 18k mi prior. I didnt want pay me pay me as you stated, just some assistance since it is a known issue some liability should be claimed!!! I am sure your view would be different if you were the one with first degree burns to neck and face and smoke inhalation :)

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
WHEN I first looked at the first thing that came 2 my mind ,this truck is a gasser,, it did not look like fuel bur if it was gas u would smell it if it would b antifreeze put some on a q tip and taste it it will b sweet

Raman

Dec 7, 2019
Truck Year
There is a law firm looking to put together a class action lawsuit. I am going to call them Monday. I will post here the results of that call.

PatP

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
There is a law firm looking to put together a class action lawsuit. I am going to call them Monday. I will post here the results of that call.
I think it needs to be done!

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes. And some of the burn downs were due to a faulty battery cable strap of some sort with the 2014 and 2015 models, not the ERG deal.