• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Hell

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
I'm starting to lose my $#&% with my EcoD. Here's my story....Back in June my truck stopped working.....would start for a sec then shut off...no codes. Local Dodge dealer did diagnostics and came back with tone wheel being the culprit. They replaced the tone wheel and sensor and was estatic when told it would be covered under the extended tone wheel warranty. I reinstalled my updated SFT Stage 2 tune at the shop and the truck fired right up....ran great for about 20 miles....then the SETC warning came up and 2 DTCs P0132 and P0545 regarding redundant sensors that are part of the DPF which is totally deleted. I limped home...cleaned MAF sensor and air filter....both were more than passable for condition. I cleared the DTCs and went for a run.....ran great no codes. On Saturday I thought I'd run AlfaOBD to see if it would show any codes for fun. Lo and behold there was one.....U0100. Cleared it and it hasn't come back. Now I come to this morning.....I go and start the truck and it idles for about 8 seconds then shuts off. Scan for a code and another new one P24C2. Clear the code and same thing ....starts and idles then shuts off. I'm getting desperate now as I'm going to be late for my shift. I flash back to my stock tune and clear all codes....I reinstall the SFT Stage 2 tune and when I try to start....same scenario.... starts strong, idles for about 8 seconds then shuts down and no codes on scanner. I'm sick to my stomach right now trying to figure this out and where to even start. There is a local tuner who specializes in EcoD MRtunes and bench tunes. I just don't know what to do. I heard of a worse case scenario of putting truck back to stock and starting again but this would be a nightmare. I'm at a real low point right now emotionally with family and outside issues and this is the icing on the cake so please be kind and just looking for direction and knowledge to get me through this mess

Last edited:

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Sounds like the dealer did a reflash if the ecu and your tune isn’t syncing correctly

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Im hoping a new tune can fix. So far over a dozen new files from SFT have not worked. Looking at HP Tuners or MRTune