• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ecodiesel problems

bhinkson

Sep 3, 2019
Truck Year
i started noticing that i would need to depress the gas pedal about and inch when going up a hill and it progressively got worse till the point now when i depress the pedal all the way the truck goes to 3000 rpms and only gets up to 30 miles an hour and doesnt shift unless i release the pedal, then it will shift but i need to release the pedal to get into a higher gear each time. Today my dash indicator read that the filter was at 90% and i needed to drive at highway speeds to regenerate the filter, after more than 30 miles it stayed at 90% and when i drove home it went to 100%, i'm not sure if it's safe to drive or if it's going to shut down, anyone else have this issue ? BTW this all started after the recall !!!

John

Nov 13, 2015
Did you see a check engine light (CEL) before having problems getting up to speed? Your truck was in limp mode for some reason and should have triggered the CEL. Some trouble codes will prevent the regeneration cycle and that sounds like what happened. One the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) reaches 100% you will need the dealer to remedy the issue. They will first determine why it went into limp mode and then do a forced regen.

I would have the dealer tow it and your extended emissions warranty should cover the problem.