• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel problems

Botaytochip

Apr 3, 2024
Truck Year
So I’m new here I’ve read a lot of the posts but just figured maybe someone out there can answer some questions.
I have a 15 eco diesel with 127k just deleted it 6miles in blew the turbo like total explosion 😅 so I got a new reman turbo new intercooler but am starting too hear a slight turbo bearing whine? Might be superstitious but I’ve only drove it maybe 500 miles since all the new parts. My hot charge pipe keeps working its way off not completely tho but the whine is what I’m worried about. Basically can a boost leak maybe or dirty intake cause a new turbo to fail so quickly

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Just a WAG, but a boost leak would make sense for the turbo to overspeed and possibly cause the first "grenade". Then, if not fixed, cause what you're experiencing with the new one. Another possibility is the new turbo isn't getting adequate oil or coolant supply - issue with those tubes such as: when the first one blew, some small "shrapnel" made its way into them and is blocking flow or getting into the bearings. One issue I had on my '15 was that a shop didn't reconnect the intake air tube to the throttle body correctly so boost air was leaking pretty bad. One I found it, it was an easy fix - It has two or three places where the spring clip clicks in, not just one. My turbo was over speeding a little, but it lived.

Botaytochip

Apr 3, 2024
Truck Year
Yeah hopefully I don’t have to get a new turbo I have new afe charge hoses on the way and intake manifold that I plan on changing that way it can breath properly hopefully the whine goes away