• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Using Oil

ICF Guy

Aug 8, 2018
Truck Year
Has anyone had issues with their Ecodiesel using oil? I have a 2014 Ram Ecodiesel, and the engine was replaced by the dealer in 2018, so I assume it is a 2018 engine. Late in 2019 I had a delete done (by a local diesel tuner) because I was sick of all the check engine lights and DEF problems. After the delete the truck ran great and fuel mileage improved. However, it really smells like burning oil (like oil dripping on an exhaust pipe) when I come to a stop. I decided to check the oil, just in case, and it was 1 litre low. Since then it has used about a litre every 3,000 km. Now I have another check engine light (PO26c), as well. I examined the entire exterior of the engine for oil leakage on my hoist, and it was bone dry. Anyone have suggestions where the oil is going?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
pull the I hose off the turbo to see if the turbo seal is bad of the hose is wet the turbo is bad

Deekay

Feb 12, 2024
Truck Year
pull the I hose off the turbo to see if the turbo seal is bad of the hose is wet the turbo is bad
I have a 2018 with similar mods as ICF Guy. Recently I noticed that my oil was down around a quart after less than 1000m after oil change. I have since done another oil change and same problem exists with excessive consumption. There is no visible oil leaking out of the engine. Truck currently has 72000 miles.

Which hose would I remove to diagnose turbo seal failure.