• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electronic Throttle Control Sensor

DanM

Dec 26, 2018
Truck Year
2017 Laramie Ecodiesel 25,000 miles. Three times in shop with Electronic Throttle Control issues plus leaky timing cover repaired twice.

Thinking of taking advantage of low prices on 2019 Ram 1500s but afraid when dealer looks at my repair history I will get screwed on trade. Anyone else just give up on the diesel and get the Hemi? How was your trade affected? Love the truck and the mileage when not in the shop.

Another option is Lemon Law - any success with this!

DCTulett

Jan 31, 2019
Truck Year
Just had this issue come up on my 2016 Big Horn. Only had the truck a month. It has 78K km on it.
It was -25 C here last night and it wasn't plugged in. Is there any way of preventing this?

Eric T

Nov 9, 2019
Truck Year
First time on one of these forums, so thanks for your patience wondering if anybody has had a P0245BEGR code and what they did to fix it, we’ve had one three times now in the can’t find it thank you First time on one of these forums, so thanks for your patience wondering if anybody has had a P0245BEGR code and what they did to fix it, we’ve had one three times now in the can’t find it thank you

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes I have that code Several times cause by unplugging the EGR bypass gate Defeat egr 3.0.jpg

Defeat egr 3.0 1.jpg

Later on I plugged the Bypass back and just capped it...Occasionally when it was capped it trigger the inefficiencies code during summer months, I just cleared them with My Banks IQ. Nothing I did stopped the Plenum egr from being replaced at 41K miles.Ecodiesel EGR Capped 1.jpg

Eric T

Nov 9, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks TC Diesel, we’re still under full warranty for another 70,000 So I guess I have to play with the dealerships, delete it sure looks good for me and the environment??

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Eric T, Just be clear and to the point at the dealership, My guess they will need to replace the Plenum in addition to the recall on the EGR...

You do have some options to clean the diffuser tube and the Map sensor, and if need be the EGR valve , that may get you to parts available for EGR Recall.